This was an interesting remodel. The home was built out of cinder blocks, and a concrete slab floor. I had to work with the inspectors closely to make sure everything was okay to do before I made changes. The previous contractor had walked away from the project, after he incorrectly tied in the plumbing. The Inspector wanted either metal studs or pressure treated boards to be in contact with the cinder block walls. The door was a custom fit too. I had to frame it in and trim down the door to fit. Once the plumbing was hooked up correctly, and framed in, the rest of the project went fairly smoothly.Read the rest of this entry »
Category Archives: Finish Work
This is a house I helped to flip.
The Living Room, Dining Room, and Hallway had carpeting covering the original hardwood flooring. Carpeting was removed, hardwood floors refinished. The existing Mantle around the fireplace wasn’t very functional, so I installed a new one. Custom fit mantle for the homeowners needs.Read the rest of this entry »
This was part of the House Flip I posted about.
I removed the old wood paneling, mantle, and shelving. It looked terrible, and outdated, and didn’t utilize the space very well. It also had fake gas logs in the fireplace, with a worn out brass screen. I had to move the electrical & cable to the new locations, patch the open drywall areas, texture the walls to match exiting, painted the walls, and installed baseboards.Read the rest of this entry »
This is my third shower I tiled in the Dreamland Home. It is also the Master Bathroom shower tile. The back wall (opposite the shower head), was a lot of work and has a lot of detail. It has 6 cubby holes for shampoos and soap bottles, and a seat that ran across the back. It also had diamond patterns, trim, and edge tiles. These pictures don’t do it justice. It came out looking great!! Click to view more pictures.Read the rest of this entry »
Read the rest of this entry »
This was a slightly bigger project. The customer wanted; the 70’s acoustic ceiling removed, re-textured the same as the walls, new paint colors, Crown molding installed, new ceiling fan, new baseboards, carpeting removed, and new tile installed. The tile they had chosen was a close color match to their existing hallway and kitchen. The homeowners didn’t have a design of what they wanted the tile to look like. So I designed this pattern, and made sure the grout lines and tile flowed into the existing tile in the hallway. Overall it was a fun project and turned out to be a really nice Den for the husband.
I sketched out the design on paper, even before going to buy the materials needed. I then cut all pieces to make sure the layout would work correctly. Read the rest of this entry »
This is a really small apartment out in Roseville that Sal and I just finished. The walls had cracks in them that needed repair.
All door knobs, hinges, handles and latches had Read the rest of this entry »
This is a 8,500sq ft home I built from April 2005-June 2007 while employed with Dreamland Development. The walls were made of a product called Rastra Blocks. This is a Green Building Material and a superior building material. I was fortunate enough to work with this material. Since it is Not a well-known material in many areas, it was interesting to work with this material.Read the rest of this entry »